Tuesday 15 November 2011

Well Worn Little Pick-up

My girlfriend Paula, had a birthday in October and I knew this set would be perfect for her. She lives out in the country, on an acreage, and drives a pick-up. We grew up together and I've known her a very long time. It's so nice when those friends from long ago are still somehow part of your life amidst all the moving around and life changes that lead people to fall out of touch with each other. I love going to see her and her kids, it's kinda like going back home in a way, but better cause were not moody teenagers anymore, and now we've gotten a chance to make our lives what we needed them to be. We reminisce about the crazy things we used to think, and the absurd ways we thought the world worked. Thank heavens, a person grows up! We figure we'll take the wrinkles if it comes with the peace of mind we have managed to gain.

So, for my long-time friend, I made a special card.




Stamps: Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories, Tailgaiting (wheel), Tiny Tags
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Basic Brown, Not Quite Navy, Espresso, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze
Paper: River Rock, Cajun Craze, Ivory Naturals cardstock, watercolor paper, Well Worn dsp
Tools: regular wheel, Aquapainters, Crop-a-dile, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Modern Label punch
Extras: Copper eyelets (retired), Twill ribbon

Isn't this just the cutest stamp set ever?

Loads Of Love Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!

I'm in love with the little tree in this set but will have to save that for another post.

I used the pick-up from the above stamp set, I stamped it in Basic Brown on watercolour paper, then used the Aquapainter to fill in and colour. After having painted in most of the areas, I shaded further with the fine tip of the marker in the same colours.

The other stamps on this card came from the set below:

Loads Of Love Accessories Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!


Those little dogs in this set were something I just HAD to have in the back of my pick-up. We are both big dog lovers, so it was perfect for her. In keeping with the doggie theme, I used the Tailgaiting wheel at the bottom of the card.



It was a time-consuming card, but so worth it! She loved it!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)