Monday 20 February 2012

PDCC 119 & Feb 2012 SFYTT

My inspirtion for this crd came from The Playdate Cafe Challenge this which was to create something in black and white and a splash of Hot Pink. I never ever chose colours like that on my own, so I figured I should step outside the cocoon and give it a shot. 


Stamps: Vintage Vogue
Ink: Melon Mambo, Versamark
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Melon Mambo cardstock, and Night & Day dsp (retired)
Tools: Labels Collection Framelits Dies, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Word Window punch, Heat gun, Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates
Extras: Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon (retired), Clear Rhinestone brads, Black embossing powder, Black glitter

For my layout I decided to use the Sketch for you to Try at I♥2stamp. I decided to flip mine to work with my dsp and chose to make use of my brand new Labels Framelits. Yay! 
Looking at the photo, I see I should have moved my side panel up centered vertically on the card, but I'll have to get to that later this week.

feb2012sketch

I also realize now, it's hard to see that I used the large polka dot textured plates, in the background. I heat embossed the F with black embossing powder mixed with some black glitter.


Then I happened to find this neat swirl on one of the sheets of Night and Day dsp, and decided it would be a vine for my flowers. I also never use my rhinestone brads, but this colour combo was perfect for them, so here they are.


Using the large Framelits on the inside gives more space for me to write my message.


Forcing myself to use colours I never use, allowed me to dip into supplies I rarely use: bonus! So much fun :D

Thanks for checking out my card!
 Hope you find a way to have some fun by stepping out of your cocoon today.


1 comment:

  1. I think the use of the swirl from the Night and Day dsp was quite genius on this card as well as the added texture of large polka dot texture adds to the complexity to the design. The details are very creative. The colour adds splashes of additional textures and expressions that are pleasing. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)