Wednesday 16 October 2013

SUO 81 & CFC 117: Pheasant Love

Although Thanksgiving in Canada has already passed, I think I'm still under the umbrella for the American Thanksgiving! Why is it that I always am more inspired to create cards for an holiday after the fact? Not sure, but I still use that inspiration to push out a few more cards.

I thought this pheasant of mine would make some nice cards that had more of a masculine look, as the SUO challenge this week suggested. I also incorporated some faux stitching in line with the challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays. I was trying to stick to one layer.

(I had also incorporated the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, but missed the deadline, lol...oopss!)


The first of my birds is embossed with not silver but pewter embossing powder. It turns out like a bit of a tarnished silver despite how silvery it looks in the picture below.


Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Autumn Days
Ink: Versamark, Early Espresso
Paper: Textured Very Vanilla cardstock
Tools: Embossing heat tool, stamp-ma-jig
Extras: Pewter embossing powder

For the card in Crushed Curry cardstock I chose to use a mix of both gold and Early Espresso embossing powders. 


Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Autumn Days
Ink: Versamark, Early Espresso
Paper: Crushed Curry cardstock
Tools: Embossing heat tool, stamp-ma-jig
Extras: Gold and Early Esprsso embossing powder


On my last bird I used all gold, and chose to color in my birds feather's in Garden Green and Cajun Craze. As you can see, I ended up distressing the borders and mounting it on Crushed Curry also.


Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Autumn Days
Ink: Versamark, Early Espresso, Garden Green and Cajun Craze 
Paper: Crushed Curry andTextured Very Vanilla cardstock
Tools: Embossing heat tool, stamp-ma-jig
Extras: Gold embossing powder

Happy Thanksgiving!


4 comments:

  1. All three cards are beautiful. I love the colors you chose to emboss with. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your set of embossed pheasants along with the faux stitching! Perfect for our masculine theme- thank you for sharing with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous cards! Your metallic embossed pheasants really shine, and the stitching really directs the focus to them. Love the roughed up edge on your last one too. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean and simple look for your cards and how you changed them up slightly! Thanks for playing along with the Masculine challenge on SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)