Thursday 12 December 2013

CCC 017: Ribbon Trees

I saw the "Oh, Christmas Tree!" challenge on Catherine and Cathy Create this week and thought it would be the perfect opportunity to try making the Ribbon Tree. It's made from scrap pieces of left over ribbon. Such a crazy cute idea, and what fun it is to put all these little scraps to use!


stamps: berry christmas, northern hearts
ink: craft white, versamark
paper: real red and garden green cardstock, champagne glimmer paper
tools: sewing machine, large star punch, 1/2" circle punch
extras: white embossing powder, ribbon scraps

I ended up making a number of them, but have entered the above one in the challenge as it seems to be my favorite of the bunch. 
Here are some of the others that this challenge inspired in me...




Aside from feeling like the 5 year old in me created them, the adult in me loves their quaint charm.

We had a tree trimming family get-together and served one of my most favorite dishes ever...Swiss Cheese FONDUE!!!! Let me share some delicious pictures.



Lastly, here is a pic of the tree that we trimmed together. This year we have the addition of the little train from Aaron. So cute!



Hope your Christmas preparations are going well!

1 comment:

  1. oh well, now I am drooling Darcie! :) Love your tree card!! Way to use the stitching and the ribbon! Thanks for playing at CCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)