Thursday 22 September 2011

Owl of gratitude

This is the first card in a whole series that feature the Bigz scallop square clear die. I rarely make square cards but have borrowed this die from my upline and have been making a number of square cards. I've learned that to make a 5x5" card, you have to use 12x12" paper. This may sound like basic logic to most of you but no, to me this was an interesting aspect of square cards, as I rarely find a use for my 12x12" paper and have always just cut it down to make regular or long/skinny cards. In an effort to use up some of my 12x12" paper you're going to see a number of scallop square cards.

This first one is my favorite! I have a certain special love for birds in general, so any stamp set that features a bird is usually my weakness. 

I cased this card off another demonstrator, Mary Brown, who had used a bird from the Aviary set.

 And here's mine. I think the little owl also plays the part rather nicely! Mary Brown's is a gorgeous card, and I love trying to make similar cards using the supplies I have and see what I come up with. But I'm sold on that postage stamp punch and it's on my wish list.




stamps: Forest friends, Fabulous phrases
cardstock: Sahara sand, Real rust, Soft suede, Whisper white
ink: Soft suede, cajun craze
extras: metallic eyelets in copper and antique brass, soft suede polka dot ribbon
tools: Bigz scallop square clear die, 1-3/8" square punch, 1-1/4" square punch, polka dot embossing folder, word window punch, crop-a-dile, dimensionals, big shot machine

I thought I'd show you a picture of the Bigz scallop square clear die because in the catalogue it shows only an outline of the cut-out and I myself didn't understand the "clear" part of the die as I'd never seen one.


So, you can place it on your picture and choose where you will position the die. I'm sure Fergie appreciates being on my blog, but whatever, she was on the cover of the Avon catalog and was the closest thing I could find to a picture to illustrate my point. I'll have to show you my lovely Avon watch next time. :D


Happy stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)