Thursday 26 January 2012

Cold Snap Critter

So here are some cards I made while playing around with my new Wisteria Wonder cardstock. I had a hankering for that little penguin that emerges every year in my stamp room. It was like -40 last week when I pulled him out. Needless to say, that is what inspired these cold-snap color combos.


Stamps: Animal Crackers (retired), Cornelli Lace wheel (retired)
Ink: Night of Navy, Versamark
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Night of Navy, Almost Amethyst, Brushed Silver cardstock, and Night of Navy dsp
Tools: Decorative Label Punch, heat tool, Snowflake Punch
Extras: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon (retired), Clear Rhinestone brad

Here's a close up so you can see where I used the Iridescent Ice with the Cornelli Lace wheel. It's the same idea as my shaker card posted previously. I went a little crazy and tried it on all sorts of colors!



Then I tried a more clean and simple approach. I embossed the penguin in black this time to make him really pop, and used my Stampin' Pastels to color him in.


I thought this would be the kind of card you could give to a guy, right? At least I would...

Then I took this close up picture and realized...wait a minute...there's even some glitter in my black embossing powder!!! Not surprised really, there was glitter all over da place!


Can you see the glitter sneaking into my "manly" card? 

Lastly, this is an odd color combo that I'm still not loving, but my stamping partner disagrees, she likes this one the best! Anyways, it lead to a much better color combo that I ended up using on my shaker card, so I can't complain.


Stamps: Animal Crackers (retired)
Ink: Night of Navy, Stampin' Pastels
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Ballet Blue (retired), and Real Razzleberry dsp
Tools: Decorative Label Punch, Snowflake Punch
Extras: Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon (retired), Subtles Glimmer Brad 



Speaking of the shaker card...i'm all excited to say it was one of the picks of the week over at Hand Stamped Sentiments! See my new badge on the side bar? Click it to see for yourself.

Here's hoping the deep freeze helped you get creative too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)