Wednesday 28 March 2012

FMS 27 & CQ 129: A little late



I had intended to get this card posted along with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge this week, as well as the Colour Q challenge, but I missed the deadlines for both. Oh well, they were both such great challenges that I didn't want to give up doing them even though I knew I couldn't make the deadline.

I mean, look at this colour combo and this sketch!


This is what I came up with...


Stamps: Tea House (background), Teeny Tiny Verses 
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party, Tempting Turquiose, Wisteria Wonder cardstock
Tools: Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslits die, Punch Pack, dimensionals
Extras: Rhinestone

I think this was the first die I ever bought, and then it went missing before I ever got to use it. It reappeared like a year later in a box that we were moving stuff with! I thought this sketch would be a great way to use it and flip the colours around.

I punched the centre of the hearts out with the large heart punch and layered them with a full scalloped heart so the edges would show up. I'm sorry the pictures below seem yellowish but you can see the details anyways.

One of the things that made me really happy was that I got to use my big background stamp. I just love that stamp! Here is the design. I just found out it's available in MDS download version too! I might just need that for my digital scrapbooking.
Tea House Stamp Brush Digital Download 



I just looooove those colours! So pretty together that you must go check out some of the cards that were actually submitted on time this week! I just love them. Oh what a good feeling it is to play with colours you love, and I love blues/purples.

I swear creating is the best kind of therapy, try it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)