Friday 6 April 2012

The Decorated Egg

I was making some eggs decorated with ribbon for my Easter cards, a technique inspired by Heather Klump's card seen here, and I chose to use my stash of ribbon remnants that I throw into a tin. The majority of my eggs were in brightly coloured ribbon combinations, the more carefree and festively decorated the better!

But, for the Stampin Royalty challenge this week we had to work with an inspiration picture:

 

I LOVE orange and really liked this pallet so this is what I came up with, since I was looking to do an Easter card:

Stamps: Well Scripted (retired), Inspired by Nature, Flight of the Butterfly (inside greeting)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Paper: Greenhouse Gala & Tangerine Tango dsp, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White cardstock
Tools: decorative label punch, All Ovals die, scallop punch
Extras: Tangerine Tango pom-pom trim, Chocolate satin ribbon, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain, Mellow Moss 1/4" grosgrain, Old Olive 1/8" taffeta, Pear Pizzazz poly ribbon, Certainly Celery striped ribbon



Tangerine Tango isn't a colour I work with often, but I do like it. It's a very spring orange in my view.


I'm so thrilled to finally have the long grass from the set Inspired by Nature.  I have been pinning for it since I first saw it!


Okay, so I dragged out the sewing machine for these Easter cards (I will share the rest later) and some other ribbon projects. I have not used a sewing machine in awhile. It seemed as though I had to re-thread it like 10 times before I got it right and I remembered what I was doing. So my stitch work is not flawless, but I gave up on flawless and was happy to have figured out how to get the thing finally working! Hoo-rah!


Thanks for visiting!

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)