Thursday 12 April 2012

SSC54 & OCC4: Egg number two

Welcome to my second Easter Egg card. I know Easter is over, but since I had some more ribbon scraps and the theme for this week's challenge over at Simply Stampin' is Easter, I decided to make a second egg card. Plus, because my sister was away for Easter, we are celebrating it for my side of the family this weekend. It turns out that the Easter theme is also taking place at Our Creative Corner as well, yay! So please bear with my Easter creations for just a little longer!

(I'm sorry this first picture doesn't have the best lighting.)




Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Loads of Love Accessories, Easter Blossoms (inside greeting)
Ink: Pear Pizzaz, Tangerine Tango, Baja Blue, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Whisper White cardstock and Greenhouse Gala dsp (retired)
Tools: Only Ovals die, Word Window punch
Extras: Tangerine Tango pom-pom trim, and various other ribbon scraps


A few pictures to show you how the different layers look. That's some pretty groovy designer paper in the background, eh? It's always fun when I end up using paper I couldn't really envision using on a project and then creating a project that it looks good on. Those zig-zags reminded me decorated Easter eggs.


Those adorable little mini pom poms are actually on the clearance rack right now! and they come in other colours! So cute, they make anything instantly adorable. 



This pile of Easter eggs is one of the cool things about the Loads of Love Accessories set, the little piles don't have to go in the truck, they can be used in lots of other ways.


Thanks for coming to check out my card today. I don't think I am done using up ribbon scraps, so please come back to see what else I come up with.


Hope you enjoyed your Easter feast over the weekend!


5 comments:

  1. What a great way to use up left over ribbon scraps!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin'
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Darcie
    What a delightful Easter Egg, and I can also visualise these items on a Bonnet, I love how you have stitched your various elements in place with the different ribbons and trims, makes for a tactile card.
    Thank you so very much for joining us this week at OCC, we we thrilled to see your work.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very bright and cheery Easter card, fab use of ribbons and perfect DSP!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week and I hope you play along with us again soon!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the card, pattern, texture and colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea decorating your Easter egg with ribbon strips! Thanks for joining in with this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge! Hope to see you back again soon! Kirei x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)