Sunday 10 June 2012

Fast and Fab

June is a busy month! I've had to attend birthdays and a bridal shower, and then I have a wedding coming next weekend. Plus the stamp room is moving and is pretty much a big mess. So, I thought I would share a card I made for a girlfriend's birthday with you.


Stamps: Fast & Fabulous, Whimsical Words (both retired)
Ink: Basic Grey, Sahara Sand, white pencil crayon
Paper: Marina mist cardstock
Tools: Crystal Effects & a toothpick
Extras: white baker's twine

It's so simple but still lovely. It measures 3" x 6".


I stamped the flower in Basic Grey onto the cardstock. I then did some highlighting with a white pencil crayon, to the flowers and greeting.


Next, I added Crystal Effects to the flowers and just slightly to the word "thought" in the greeting, spreading it around with a toothpick. What is Crystal Effects?

Crystal Effects - by Stampin' Up!

It gives a glossy effect to an image and makes it somewhat 3D. In this case, it made the cardstock a deeper blue around the edges of the flower. I did not use any blue on the card, the blue on the card is from the Crystal Effects deepening the colour of the cardstock. I let it dry overnight.


Finally, once dried, I went around the edges of the flowers with a Sahara Sand marker, to soften and shadow it further.

I think I need to make some more, but maybe try a quicker version and use clear embossing.

I'm off to get ready for this wedding. I need to find some shoes, oh and make the card!

Hope your June is filled with fun activities too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)