Wednesday 27 June 2012

For the Newlyweds

Well, the wedding is over and I've had time to recuperate. Now, I can finally share my card with you.


Stamps: Always Elegant, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Whimsical Words
Ink: Versamark, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Paper: Very Vanilla cardstock
Tools: Flower Fusion die, Heat gun, glue dots, dimensionals
Extras: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, pearls

This card is difficult to capture with the camera, but I tried. I used iridescent embossing powder for my central stamp. I really wanted to have the border to my front panel match my central stamp exactly, so I stamped versamark all over the edge of the border and used iridescent ice once again.



When tilted into the light the image shines and yet disappears a bit, but if tilted back, the image becomes more clear again.


Using the flower fusion die on each corner brings dimension and gives a great excuse for more pearls!



I decided to use the same image on the inside but in a more visible way with Soft Suede ink. Using the versamark pen I added a few sparkles to the word "heart."


It required a bit of a bigger envelope but so what! There is no better excuse to embellish than a wedding.


We had a great time. I love weddings where you know a lot of people and they're all great people. So much fun! 




I rarely create cards all in one colour. It was kinda neat to make this one. Using the template provided from Sketch Frenzy Friday, I decided to make the large stamp as the focal point in front and centre.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)