Wednesday 19 October 2011

Fall Trees

I'll be showing you some 3" x 6" cards today. I really like this size, it gives a whole different perspective when making a card.


A Tree for all Seasons is one of the first stamps sets I ever bought from Stampin' Up! I knew the moment I saw it that I HAD to have it! That doesn't happen often with me, I tend to hum and haw a great deal over stamp sets. I just love the leaves in this set, and how you can even stamp them off twice to get that faded effect, which is what I did with the ones around the foot of the tree. 



Stamps: A Tree for all Seasons (retired), Vintage Labels (retired), Grateful Greetings
Ink: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Dusty Durango (retired), 
Paper: Dusty Durango (retired),Very Vanilla, and Creamy Caramel (retired) cardstock
Extras: More Mustard 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, random button
Tools: Pinking Hearts border punch, XL Oval punch, sticky strip, dimensionals

For the label at the top, I used More Mustard for the swirling effect behind the greeting. I also put sticky strip around the back edge of my label and gathered the More Mustard ribbon around it to make a "frill." I used a strip of ribbon at the bottom also, and a random button I found in mom's sewing kit.
Pinking Hearts Border Punch - by Stampin' Up!

I used the Pinking Hearts border punch on some Creamy Caramel cardstock at the bottom of the card. I am trying to use this punch on cards other than Valentine cards. Every time I see it, I remember that I should use it more, and I should use it for any occasion. After all, most cards are sent with love!

{~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~}

Now, the next card uses the Lovely as a Tree set, which if I ever had to part with would cause me some serious heartache. 



Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Fabulous Phrases
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, More Mustard
Paper: Dusty Durango (retired), Creamy Caramel (retired), Vanilla cardstock
Tools: Sponge Daubers, Decorative Label punch
Extras: More Mustard 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, linen thread, random button

Sponge Daubers - by Stampin' Up!
I added some linen thread over my strip of More Mustard ribbon this time. Then I punched my greeting out and slid it under the edge of the tree panel.

I used my sponge daubers and applied Soft Suede to the ground and More Mustard to the trees. I don't know what I would do without these things! I used to think using a sponge would be no different, but once I tried these I never used the sponge again. I also used them to apply Soft Suede to the torn edge of Creamy Caramel at the top of the card.


Such a quick and easy card to make!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)