Monday 19 December 2011

Light-bulbed Noel: SR#103

I cannot tell you how many times I tried to do something with these leftover white light bulbs and ended up with some very weird looking cards! But finally...only when I discovered I actually had 3 lightbulbs in the leftover Christmas Lane stickers did I figure I could mimic my "Snowflaked Noel" card and I came up with this.

My stamping partner has announced it is her Very favorite card yet! (and sometimes she's a little brutally honest, so at least we know she means it when she says she loves something)


Stamp set: Warmest of Wishes (holiday mini hostess set)
Paper: Christmas Lane dsp and die-cut sitckers, Old Olive, Soft Suede and Whisper White cardstock
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Extras: White baker's twine
Tools: Decorative punch, Bird punch

I used the branch from the Bird Punch to make some boughs around each light bulb.

It gets dark here at around 4 pm now, so it's rather nice to have all the Christmas lights out when it gets dark so early. It distracts a person from how depressing so much dark could be at this time of year.

So why not a card that celebrates the loveliness of Christmas lights? As this card celebrates winter or Christmas, I thought I'd add it to the challenge at Stampinn' Royalty (seen here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)