Wednesday 14 December 2011

Subtle Poinsettas: SR#103

I really seem to be enjoying these 3" x 6" cards, so I found another design to make them in. I bought the Designer Series Paper used in this card off the clearance rack, it's from a few years back, called Holiday Treasures (retired). The colours in it are Ruby Red, Celery, and Chocolate. They make a nice subtle combination. It hardly seems like Christmas paper until you examine the flowers closely and see they are poinsettias.

Stamp sests: Berry Details (retired), Many Merry Messages, Bingo Bits
Ink: Ruby Red, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Frost Shimmer Paint
Paper: Holiday Treasures dsp (retired), Ruby Red (retired), Old Olive and White Naturals cardstock
Extras: Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon
Tools: Extra large oval punch, Scallop Trim border punch

I used the Berry Details Stamp Set (cause it's one of my favorites!) On the smaller poinsettias I used Ruby Red, but for the larger one I used Regal Rose. I chose to use White Naturals cardstock.


I detailed the flowers a bit with the coordinating marker, and sprayed them with my sparkle spray. It's a mixture of  Frost White Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol. As you can see, I tried making the card with a regular scallop edge also.

My stamping partner and I ordered some poinsettias from my girlfriend's son to help them raise money for their hockey team. We received the big gorgeous plants today, one pink and one red!

I have tried entering my card to the Stampin' Royalty challenge (seen here) but I'm new at this and I suspect I might have goofed up somewhere. 

Well that's it, hope you find some lovely poinsettias to swoon over too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)